The World of Llowellen: Play-by-forum & Roll20 Virtual Tabletop.
The Fey-Kissed are a half-fey, half-mortal race designed by Bryon Wischstadt and published in Faeries by Bastion Press. They are born of the passionate union between a male Fey and a female mortal; the mortal is attracted to the ethereal grace and beauty of the Fey and the Fey are drawn to the intense ardor of the mortal.
Unfortunately, these relationships seldom last beyond a fleeting moment in each others arms and mortal women find the labor and birth extremely difficult and often dangerous. A successful Constitution check (DC 20) is required to survive. If successful the mother receives 2d4+2 points temporary Constitution damage.
Like other Fey, the Fey-Kissed are capable of reproducing with other races, however the diluted Fey blood is not as receptive to Fey magic. If a Fey-Kissed has sex with a Fey, any resulting children will be a common Fey, while the offspring of a Fey-Kissed to mortal coupling will result in a mortal with the potential to attain the Fey-Touched prestige class later in life, due to the Fey blood in her veins.
Personality: Fey-Kissed are frequently amused where their Fey-blooded relatives would be joyous and excited. They often share the dominant traits of their Fey parentage, yet to a more subdued degree.
Fey-Kissed frequently answer the wild calling within them to adventure. They seek out interesting and faithful companions to join them in the exciting and profitable pursuit of adventuring.
Physical Description: The appearance of a Fey-Kissed is closely tied to that of their parents. The Fey characteristics mix equally with the mortal, resulting in a graceful mixture of features. Supernatural abilities of the parent gained from an Aspect of Nature do not pass on to the children, though physical attributes do.
For example, a Fey-Kissed born to a faerie with Aspect of the Winter and a Faridian sibeccai would have rich ivory-colored fur and hair, snow-white, icy eyes and would stand slightly taller than a typical sibeccai.
On rare occasions some Fey-Kissed exhibit a patchwork assemblage of physical features from their parentage – one eye, limb and ear appearing Fey, while the others draw from the mortal parent. Fey see this as a blessing from Anwen and help to provide the best living conditions and opportunities for the child. Mortals see these Fey-Kissed as somewhat freakish and tend to avoid them or drive them off altogether.
Relations: Frequently brought up by the Fey parent and their people (especially if the mother died), a Fey-Kissed individual exhibits a more moderate attitude toward other races compared to the standard Fey outlook. A Fey-Kissed of faerie parentage would simply be excited to interact with so many interesting people for a dangerous and intriguing journey.
Homeland: Fey-Kissed typically reside with their Fey parent in Fey-held lands, however an occasional mortal has been known to raise their child among mortals.
Languages: Fey-kissed speak the languages of their parents
Fey-Kissed Racial Traits
- Fey-Kissed inherit the ability modifiers of their mortal parent, not the Fey parent.
- Medium size: As Medium size creatures, Fey-Kissed have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Fey-Kissed base speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Fey-Kissed, like all creatures born with Fey blood, are creatures of twilight and therefore can see twice as far as humans in poorly illuminated conditions such as starlight, moonlight and torchlight. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Fey-Kissed, despite their mixed heritage, do not age like Mortals and cannot die from old age. When they reach young adulthood, Fey-Kissed age normally for 3d20 years and then their appearance doesn’t change. Thus, some stop aging in their twenties or thirties while others gain an aged and wizened appearance. No matter what age the Fey-Kissed appears to be, she suffers no aging-related benefits or penalties to ability scores.
- Fey Blood: Fey-Kissed, having a Fey parent from a supernatural world are resistant to illusion and enchantment spells. They gain a +1 racial bonus to resist spells and spell-like abilities of this nature. This ability increases by +1 for every four levels the Fey-Kissed attains. For all special abilities and effects, Fey-Kissed are considered Fey. Fey-Kissed, for example, can use special Fey weapons and magic items with racially specific powers as if they were Fey.
- Spell-like Ability: 3/day – Luck of the Fey. This ability is as the Fey spell cast at the Fey-Kissed character’s level.
- Automatic Languages: Fae or any other language.
- Bonus Languages: None
- Fey-Kissed always gain Knowledge (Fey) as a class skill.
- Level Adjustment: +1 Fey-Kissed are more powerful and gain levels more slowly than most mortal races.
Cartography by Ian Hewitt.